1 medium egg
75g olive oil
1 tsp baking powder
1tsp fine sea salt
freshly grated black pepper
flakey sea salt for sprinkling
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. In a large mixing bowl whisk the eggs, sugar and oil.
3. Whisk together the flour mix, onion flakes, baking powder, salt and pepper and add to the egg mixture.
4. Mix with a wooden spoon, then using lightly oiled hands, knead the dough into a cohesive ball, about 30 seconds.
5. Divide the dough into 3 equal-sized pieces.
6. Roll one piece of dough out between 2 pieces of parchment paper to 1/4-inch thickness.
7. Peel away the top piece of parchment.
8. Using a 5cm cutter, cut out the crackers and reuse offcuts for rerolling.
9. Transfer cut-out crackers on parchment to a baking sheet, prick with a fork, brush lightly with water and sprinkle with flaky salt, pressing lightly with your hands.
10. Bake until golden brown and crisp … about 12 minutes.
11. Transfer to baking racks to cool (for extra crispness, bake a second time for 3-4 minutes). Crackers can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.