Bread Pudding - Savoury
Savoury bread pudding
500 g stale diced bread
4 large eggs
1 egg yolk
600ml full fat milk
100g chevre, finely crumbled
75g prosciutto, diced
1 tsp fresh thyme
2 shallot, minced
4 chestnut mushrooms, sliced
Ground pepper, to taste
100g grated gruyere or parmesan
1. Toast bread cubes in 180°C oven for 10 minutes or so, stirring halfway through. Leave oven on at 180°C.
2. In a bowl, mix together eggs and milk until thoroughly blended.
3. In a 20cm square baking pan, toss together bread cubes, prosciutto, shallot, mushrooms, thyme, and pepper.
4. Stir in the chevre.
5. Pour egg mixture over bread cubes.
6. If desired, garnish with a shredded cheese such as parmesan or gruyere, for a golden crust.
7. Bake in a 180°C oven for 40 minutes.